At Lighthouse Church we affirm that…
- COVID-19 is a serious virus with life-threatening potential to those who are infected.
- Wearing a proper mask properly reduces the risk of a person spreading the virus.
- Fully Vaccinated people are much less likely to spread the virus and much less likely to experience severe symptoms if infected.
- Washing hands regularly and using hand sanitizers is helpful to prevent catching the virus.
- It is a Christ-like response to limit one’s freedoms out of respect and kindness to others.
- Our Church leadership have a responsibility to take reasonable measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 at our gatherings.
Despite the freedom given to us to gather for worship events without restriction we ask that attendees adhere to the following COVID-19 protocols:
- No one exhibiting symptoms should attend gatherings.*
- All adults and youth are required to wear a mask while entering and moving about in the building.
- A minimum of 1 chair between people who are not from the same household. Individuals and/or households are free to arrange closer seating so long as both fully agree.
- Fully vaccinated youth and adults are welcome to remove their mask while in place at their seats.
- Do not linger at or near the refreshment tables.
- Try and find open spaces for connecting with others and not overly crowd one area. Be respectful of volunteers who may ask you to move.
FUNERALS & WEDDINGS & OTHER EVENTS
- Masks at all times
- Events larger than 50 people require proof of vaccination for those age 12 & over.
- Maintain appropriate distance & use readily available hand sanitizers.
- Do not attend if demonstrating symptoms.
YOUTH AND CHILDREN'S EVENTS
To further mitigate the risk the Church leadership will…
- Ensure that the facility is cleaned before gatherings
- Provide easy access to hand sanitizer
- Provide masks for those who forget to bring their own
- Post the protocols clearly and remind people consistently.
- Ensure that the air is effectively exchanged and purified in the auditorium
- Continue to provide a streaming option to serve those who cannot attend in person
* feeling unwell with Covid 19, Flu/Cold, like symptoms (eg. fever, runny nose, headache, coughing, sore throat, loss of smell and taste, tired and achy muscles!)